FINANCE AND HR ASSOCIATE
Nexus Community Partners seeks a part time Finance and HR Associate (20 hours a week).
Nexus Community Partners is a community-building intermediary whose mission is to “build more engaged and powerful communities of color by supporting community-building initiatives and foster social and human capital.”
- Manage the Accounts Payable process including processing invoices and check requests, recording monthly automatic payments, processing monthly employee expense reports, recording monthly credit card and debit reports, printing checks, and mailing payments.
- Assist with Accounts Receivable including recording and preparing deposits of checks received via mail, record electronic deposits, record grants received, and assist with Nexus’ invoices.
- Assist with the annual audit by preparing electronic and paper files in accordance with Nexus’ financial policies and working with the Director of Finance and HR.
- Assist the Director of Finance and HR in the areas of budgeting, financial reporting, and expense analysis.
- Assist with the hiring process including the posting of new positions, managing incoming resumes and inquires, printing resumes for review committees, responding via email to all applicants, and assist with onboarding.
- Assist with administering PTO including following up with Nexus staff and updating the tracking spreadsheet.
- Assist with benefits administration as needed.
- Assist the Director of Finance and HR in the areas of the Wellness program, organizing staff learning opportunities, and the staff review process.
- Develop community awareness of Nexus and be a positive, dynamic presence for Nexus.
- Function effectively as a leader, team member, and problem solver in order to ensure that the goals and objectives of Nexus are met.
- Provide support as needed for other projects, such as the broader evaluation and communication for Nexus.
- Help build organizational capacity, including strategizing around organizational or program development, developing documentation, supporting communications, and participating in professional development trainings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree preferred and/or 2-3 years relevant experience in nonprofit and/or community work.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, required.
- Experience working in QuickBooks and/or QuickBooks for Nonprofits a plus.
- Experience working in A/P and/or A/R a plus.
- Curiosity and a willingness to learn.
- Ability to self-motivate and self-direct; organize own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Flexibility regarding work assignments and ability to respond positively to changing demands and priorities.
- Understands and embraces efforts that promote racial, social and economic equity and asset-based community change.
- Capacity to work cross-culturally to achieve understanding and results. Ability to establish and maintain trust readily with a diverse set of partners.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in exercising a high level of discretion and integrity in carrying out financial and HR support duties of a confidential nature.
- You need to be able to both see possibility and ask hard questions with respect and discretion.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
The ideal candidate would be able to start October 2017.
Nexus offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and a highly participatory, mutually supportive workplace. We are committed to the personal and professional growth of all staff.
Salary range: $17.00 – $21.00/hour (plus limited benefits as a part time employee)
The Finance and HR Associate will report to the Director of Finance and HR.
Qualified candidates should send a resume and cover letter via email by September 18, 2017 to:
Nexus Community Partners
2314 University Ave W, Suite 18
St. Paul, MN 55114
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
NEXUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER