Nomination Process and Steps
APPLICATIONS OPEN NOW! THE 2020-2021 NOMINATIONS PACKET IS NOW OPEN! NEW THIS YEAR: APPLY ONLINE! DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, JUNE 26, 2020 BY MIDNIGHT! PLEASE SEE BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION!
Each candidate should follow these steps in order to be considered as a BCLI Fellow:
1) Locate a Nominator. All BCLI Fellows must be nominated by either a BCLI alum, or by a community organization with which the candidate has been affiliated. Each organization and each BCLI alum may nominate only one candidate each year. This is to ensure shared accountability throughout the communities in which we are targeting board and commission seats and a diverse cohort of multiple networks. If you do not know of an affiliated organization who can serve as your Nominator, contact BCLI staff to try to identify an organization in your interest area to serve as your Nominator.
2) Identify Your Target Board or Commission Seat. Discuss with your Nominator which seat you would like to target based on your interest and experience. (See Pages 8-25 of the BCLI Nomination Packet for Target Seats). The Targeted Seats List is HERE: 20-21 Targeted Seats
3) Ideal Nominees Must:
- Be personally focused on advancing equity for people of color and other underrepresented communities
- Be 18 years of age
- Meet the residency requirements of the board or commission they are interested in sitting on (i.e. live, work, own business, etc.)
- Commit to attending all monthly trainings and events
- Commit to serving on a board or commission after completion of the BCLI
IF YOU ARE READY NOW, PLEASE APPLY HERE USING THE TWO PORTALS BELOW
All Nomination Packets must include (all submitted together by the candidate) the five following documents:
Completed by the Nominator:
- Nominating Application
- Nominating Letter
Completed by the Nominee:
- Nominee Application
- Statement of Interest
If you prefer to download, print and fill out a paper Application, download this PDF of the full Nominations Packet 20-21 Nominations Packet FINAL
Deadline to Apply or Nominate
The 2019-2020 nominations process has just opened as of May 13, 2020. Nominations Packets will be due Friday, June 26, 2020 at Midnight!
Please contact the Program Manager, Mr. Chai Lee, if you have any questions or for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sign-up to receive updates about upcoming BCLI events, or like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/nexuscp.
This program has been adapted from the Boards and Commissions Leadership Institute originally created by Urban Habitat in Oakland, California.