Are you or your organization seeking resources to move toward deeper community engagement practices?
Dates: October 23, October 30, November 13, November 20
Time: 9:00 am – 12 Noon
Description: This workshop series is designed to deepen your knowledge, broaden your perspective, and sharpen your skills as you explore the potential for community engagement to create equitable, healthy, and sustainable communities. The sessions are for anyone who is interested in learning more about community engagement, or for those who wish to deepen their work with community.
- Pre-Work Option: Cultural Exploration through the IDI
- Session 1: What is Community Engagement?
- Session 2: Shifting Power: Moving from Service to Engagement
- Session 3: Healing through Community Engagement
- Session 4: Moving Forward: Integrating Community Engagement Practices and Shifting Work Culture
- Understand the principles and values of community engagement and how it differs from other practices, such as outreach and the traditional social service model.
- Learn how community engagement can make your work more effective.
- Utilize community engagement tools for building relationships, leadership, and ownership.
- Explore how community engagement leads to equity and how understanding equity is essential for effective community engagement.
- Assess your organization’s readiness and capacity to incorporate community engagement as an approach in your work.
*PRE-WORK OPTION: Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) Cultural Exploration: Culture, healing and relationships are central to authentic and sustainable community engagement. Thus, we are offering the Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) as an optional pre-work add-on for participants who are interested in more deeply exploring culture and identity, challenges and opportunities connecting across difference and commonality, and how to navigate those differences in community engagement work. Your confirmation email upon registration will have more information and next steps for opting into the IDI pre-work component, which will take place in October 2020 prior to the beginning of the workshop series.*
Fee: Scholarships are available to ensure anyone can participate, no one will be turned away. Contact NCEI@nexuscp.org for details.
- Philanthropy/Corporate Rate: $850 for all four sessions
- Nonprofit/Government Rate: $450 for all four sessions
- *Additional IDI Pre-Work Option: additional $250 per person for IDI group session and individual feedback session in October 2020 – registration is separate and will come with your confirmation email from one of the above selections*
NOTE: Attendance at all four sessions is required, as this is a cohort experience and each session builds upon previous sessions.
Contact NCEI@nexuscp.org with questions or for more information about scholarships.