Boards and Commissions Leadership Institute (BCLI) Program Director Terri Thao and BCLI Alumna Sonya Lewis are hitting the road to help the State of MN promote the state boards and commissions!
Come to an upcoming information session in your region between now and December 14th to learn more about how you can connect, engage and participate in the policy decisions that impact YOU by serving on a state board, commission or task force!
- Who should come? Anyone who is interested in learning about civic engagement, certainly young adults (18+) interested in learning more about this topic.
- Why come? Learn about what opportunities are available to participate in and affect change at the state level.
- Why serve?
- Ability to shape and influence public policy through your knowledge and lived experience
- Expand networks across the state
- Understand how state government works, especially since there are several different agencies working on many different issues
- Grow your personal & professional development skills
- What do state boards and commissions do?
- Review agency reports, state policies, plans and budget
- Facilitate community input and incorporate public comments on policy
- Research and inform the agency of critical issues
- Make recommendations to agency
- Make decisions on policies and implementation
Staff from the MN Department of Human Rights and Governor’s Office will be present too! Click on the following link to take you to the main page where you can register as well. https://mn.gov/mdhr/news-community/diversity-inclusion/events.jsp